Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time for a holiday!!!!

Well, it isn't really, I have really only started to get back into my routines after my holiday! I have even managed to finish off some UFOs!! Here's couple of them, the bright quilt was just a fun one to make, mainly because I wanted to try the 10min blocks (by Suzanne O'Neil) again and then it just grew and grew. There's a few mistakes but I am trying to be less obsessive over exact points etc, especially when I will be keeping it for the house. The second in an applique center with needle point, which I am not very good at but can see a slow improvement! I have also been practicing on my new/secondhand Janome 1600P which is on my New Generation Quilt Frame, I am finding the quilting a lot easier than on my old Happy Jack, as I can stand closer to the machine head to see what I am doing. No, its not my eyesight getting older!!! I am sure it's not, lol!
Cheers till next time


5 comments:

Liz said...

LOve the flower applique.the quilt is amazing

Judy said...

I love the bright colors in your first quilt! It really feels good to get UFOs done, doesn't it?

cheryl said...

Thanks Liz and Judy, Yep, that quilt is just a trifle bright, lol!
Still not sure what I will do with the applique center, will need a lot of thought I guess.
Cheers

Susan said...

HI - I came here from Sew Its Finished and you left a comment about my finished quitls - a blue one for a wedding and a blue & cream one. Funny - the one for my daughter and son in law are now somewhere near you - in Bundaberg!! I am going to add you to my list of blogs, so I cna keep up to date of happenings in Bundaberg.

Susan said...

me again - love that top quilt and the baltimore block is great. I have a Baltimore quilt on my UFO list - started in 1990 - almost an heirloom!